IT Business Partner SIG
Hi. My name is Jon Baxter, I've just joined BCS and I'm passionate about Business Relationship Management. This survey is to understand the interest in forming a Special Interest Group for Business Relationship Management within BCS.
A Business Relationship Manager (BRM) is a role that serves as the strategic interface between a Provider (eg. IT function) and one or more Business Partners to stimulate, reveal and shape business demand for the Provider’s products and services and ensure that the potential business value from those products and services is captured, realised, optimised and recognised. (Source: BRMI)
6 questions, 5 minutes of your time to BCS SIG followers to gauge the level of interest on:
Objective of the SIG:
- Identify and collaborate on BRM best practices.
- Share BRM best practices.
- Share experiences with fellow practitioners on the challenges and success of the role.
- Network with like-minded peers.
- Promote Business Relationship Management as a key capability in IT to deliver real value to the business.
Format of the SIG:
- Meeting once a month in the evening.
- 50% Speaker / panel / facilitated discussion on a chosen subject (Calendar to be produced).
- 50% Networking and Nibbles.
Thanks for your contribution!