‘I have never experienced a learning activity that so accurately and so quickly showed us the real complexities of organisations such as ours and how to manage all those relationships. We had time to reflect and try other ways of doing things, so we all saw and felt what we had to do to make it work, and we did it together. Inspiring!’
(Andrew Wayland, CIO, Hudsons)
Simulate Real Partnering Scenarios
See different perspectives
Craft and deliver impactful communications
Experience true collaboration
Build relationships of trust, step-by-step
Give each other constructive feedback
Get fired up again after setbacks
Replace ‘do-do-do’ with ‘plan-do-review’
Use processes to improve efficiency
A day-long fun event facilitated by Baxter Thompson Associates to practice, experience and learn!
What activities you'll complete:
- Identify the current and target performance of the organisation
- Collaborate with your senior business leaders and help them to understand how to invest strategically in IT infrastructure and services
- Increase your own understanding of the demands for IT products and services from a business value perspective
- Make decisions jointly about strategy, structure, roles, priorities, investment and resources
- Manage the budget and plans for the portfolio of changes, product development and projects
- Run and continually improve the new services to support the business strategy, managing those relationships
- Keep track of business performance including sales figures, operating costs and customer satisfaction
Engage Business Stakeholders
Help surface the challenges of the Business Partner role and increase Demand Maturity in the organisation.
Engage IT stakeholders
Establish role clarity in the IT organisation between Service Delivery Managers and Business Relationship Managers
A fresh and unexpected way to launch a development programme, which sets the tone and provokes discussion on how best to lead and manage the initiative together.
Team Building and Coaching
To sustain the momentum and ensure transfer of the energy and learning generated, light-touch team coaching sessions can be provided. An experienced facilitator will help the team to develop that all-important skill of learning together by working on their on- going portfolio of activities, in their unique organisational context.