The Certified Business Relationship Manager (CBRM®) Qualification is intended for the intermediate-to-advanced Business Relationship Manager and focuses on advancing the candidate to the role of Strategic Business Relationship Manager.
Leverage and Drive Value for the Enterprise. The benefit of doing this course is that the candidate will be equipped with the methodologies and techniques that eliminate the barriers to value creation. This enables to position the BRM at the strategic heart of the organisation.
To pursue the CBRM® certification, a candidate must be a certified Business Relationship Management Professional (BRMP®). The CBRM® course is four days long, excluding the exam. This is organised either by Baxter Thompson Associates or booked per corporate client.
Course and Certification Summary
To pursue the CBRM® certification, a candidate must be a certified Business Relationship Management Professional (BRMP®). CBRM® Classroom Course "1W" is a CONSECUTIVE four day training in the same week for individuals or corporate clients. The exam is based on a case study with 4 questions over 2.5 hours that is taken online after the course.
The course format will be a webinar, held online. Course attendees will require at least an IPAD or similar, headphones and microphone and a reliable broadband connection.
CBRM certification will be granted by the Business Relationship Management Institute (BRMI) for three years upon successfully passing the exam. Continued CBRM® certification after three years will depend on acceptable professional development training and experience, validated by BRMI and a fee paid on the third anniversary of the exam to BRMI.
CBRM® Course Outline
The successful candidate will demonstrate deep understanding and ability to perform the Strategic BRM role. Specifically, the candidate will:
- Effectively communicate the purpose and objectives of the Strategic BRM role and how to optimally position that role for maximum effectiveness within the enterprise
- Understand how to use their personal power and influence to build business relationships and foster a culture that excels at business value results
- Apply the Strategic Relationship Management processes and techniques to build and sustain trust relationships spanning Business Partner and Provider networks
- Be able to assess Business Demand Maturity and Business Relationship Maturity and how these might evolve over time
- Be able to assess Provider Capability Maturity and BRM Competencies and identify key areas needing improvement
- Be able to apply cross-organization communication techniques to clearly articulate real Provider/business value delivered to the organization
- Be able to influence executive leaders in their use of Provider Capabilities and Assets based upon potential business value and convergence with business strategy
- Promote and catalyze business innovation in the Provider’s sphere of influence
- Be able to use the Business Value Management process, techniques and metrics to define, realize and optimize the value of Provider capabilities and assets
- Apply Business Partner Experience Management so as to foster a positive Business Partner perception of Provider capabilities as an essential element of building and sustaining trust relationships
- Shape strategic agendas for optimum business value, with due consideration of external compliance requirements and potential risks to the business
- Understand the implications of Lean/Agile methods for the BRM role and capability
- Influence the development and deployment of available Provider capabilities based upon business need and potential to enable or create business value. Apply Business Capability Management to determine and acquire enabling capabilities pursuant to strategic outcomes
- Apply Business Capability Management to determine and acquire enabling capabilities pursuant to strategic outcomes
- Contribute to Business Transition Management in order to foster organizational understanding, support, adoption, and business value results of investments in new business capabilities.
Delivered by BRMs
The courses is delivered by seasoned Business Relationship Managers, not just trainers. BTA has helped conceive the Practitioner level course, CBRM®. Therefore, we have a rich context as well as experience to draw from in the delivery of the course.
BTA is a proud partner with the BRMI which defines the global standard in Business Relationship Management. The education of which has been provided in two training packages. BRMP® is a foundation level course and CBRM® is a practitioner, higher level course. Both courses are enabled through APMG, an exam provider.
Confirmation and joining instructions will be sent upon receipt of payment.
For further information, please contact us at:
Tel: +44 20 33 84 94 63
CBRM® is a registered trademark of Business Relationship Management Institute, Inc.